National soccer team Harambee Stars skipper Victor Wanyama now wants the Football Kenya Federation (FKF) to put its house in order following claims of defaulting on paying tacticians.
Kenya is staring at a potential ban from the Fifa World Cup qualifications in Qatar after they failed to pay former head coach Adel Amrouche Ksh 109 million in damages within the set timeline. Stars had been given until April 24, 2020 to pay up.
And speaking to Madgoat TV on Monday, the Montreal Impact enforcer hit out at the Nick Mwendwa-led federation for constantly putting the country’s soccer on tenterhooks.
” I’d like to urge them to put their house in order and pay up these debts. It wouldn’t be a very good thing if an upcoming player fails to realize his full potential because the country is serving a ban,” Wanyama said.
He further told the federation to be professional and transparent in their dealings to ensure that the trend does not continue.
” Let them be professional on these issues. We undersatnd they could also be having their own challenges but if they are transparent then it wont get this bad,” he added.
His remarks came in the wake of claims by immediate former head coach Sebastien Migne who threatened to sue the country at FIFA should they fail to pay him his dues .
The Frenchman who is currently handling Equatorial Guinea said he was running out of patience with the federation which sent him packing almost a year ago.
“They have until this summer, if they do not pay me I will go to Fifa, it is the only logical thing to do to get justice.” Migne threatened.
Former head coach Bobby Williamson is eqaully waiting for the federation to settle his Ksh 55 million in damages following a High Court directive in October 2019.